SUBSCRIBE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO RECEIVE THIS AND LIKE CONTENT VIA E-MAIL
by S.A. Prince
I been in this game for years, it made me an animal. It’s rules to this, I wrote me a manual. A step-by-step booklet for you to get your game on track, not your wig pushed back.
Salivating over pictures. All up in the DM. The thirst is getting out of hand. The drought has reached state-of-emergency levels, and it is past time we did something about it. There has to be rules established about how to DM via social media, or contact people in general. So, we put together “The 10 Commandments of DM’ing.” This is mainly to help out the guys, but we’ve got a little something for the ladies too. Enjoy the reading, and have a safe and fun Memorial Day Weekend. We’ll see you on Tuesday.
The 10 Commandments of DM’ing (a girl)
- Do not tell her she is beautiful. Everyone tells her she is beautiful.
- Do not send two messages, back to back. I promise you, she saw it. If she wanted to, she’d have responded.
- Do not tell her you like her or make any other obvious statements. If you didn’t like her, you wouldn’t have reached out. Duh!
- Do not beat around the bush. The Universe favors the bold.
- When I say “Don’t beat around the bush” that doesn’t mean rush the situation. Romance is a dance. Set the tone, but feed off her energy. Be bold like a gentleman, not bold like a warlord.
- Don’t send lewd pictures. This should be obvious…
- If she is online but doesn’t respond for a few days, when she does respond, IGNORE HER. Have some self-respect simp.
- Don’t ask her too many questions. This isn’t a job interview. You have to talk about yourself, meaning you have to establish an adequate level of status pretty much immediately. This cannot be done directly however. Your status must be implied. Why? Because if you have to directly speak to your status, then you don’t have status, right? You’re thinking that establishing status is shallow, and yeah, it is. But it isn’t like you can or should be trying to get deep over the DM. The quality of your shallowness will get you in the door, once you’re in then the rest is up to you.
- This is going to be a two-in-one. Here are a couple things I learned having to do a lot of on-the-spot negotiation in a former life.
Streamline the conversation. If you’re going to DM a girl, then you need to go in with an objective. If your objective is a date, don’t ever ask for a date. Gentlemen don’t order, but gentlemen also don’t ask. Asking is begging, and beggars are those people you ignore on the street. Don’t be a beggar. Channeling my inner Don Corleone, “Make her an offer she can’t refuse.” Here’s how you go about it. “Blah, blah, blah”. You didn’t really think I’d tell you right? I gave you the recipe. Go be creative, and see what happens! #TeachAManHowToFish
If you’re talking, you’re not selling. You don’t sell people, people sell themselves. Translate that into the dating world. You don’t convince people, people convince themselves. No matter how much you talk, you cannot convince a person to like you. But let’s say that you could talk somebody into “eventually” liking you. Would you really want that for yourself? If a girl is talking and she’s telling you about her innermost feelings, she’s selling herself on you. She is strengthening the bond that is between you too. Let her talk. That being said, you can easily fall into the friendzone. In business we called that “voicemail jail.” You don’t want to be there. Keep your relationship moving forward.
10. Know your worth. I can’t stress how important this is. Don’t expect people to acknowledge you when you don’t know your worth. No matter how beautiful, smart, or attractive a girl is, you have to be willing to walk away. If you offer a date a few times and she doesn’t bite, don’t switch your bait and try again. Take your fishing pole out of the water and go to another pond. She’ll never say it, but she’ll respect you for doing that, and you’ll respect yourself for doing that. You always have to be the highest value to yourself. Your attention is to be respected. Your time is not free. To be with you is to have a life-changing experience. If you’re not thinking that way, then you’re selling yourself short as a human being.
The 10 Commandments of DM’ing (a guy)
- Send a picture of a body part, any body part. You could just send a fingernail, and you’d still get a response.
Men are visual creatures. It’s very rare that what you’d say would stop us from going out on a date with you, at least not the first date. The lure is man’s need for your physical beauty. That’s not saying that intelligence isn’t important. It is your intelligence and other factors that will sustain a relationship, but we aren’t talking about relationships, we’re talking about “going down in the DM.” Men typically aren’t going to ignore you, but if they don’t find you visually appealing then you’re not going to hold their attention. I know, it’s shallow, but that’s the game.
Don’t forget to show those who’ve given their lives in battle some love this weekend. Also, don’t forget to subscribe. Have a great weekend!